Items for What’s Happening must be received by noon Thursday before publication on Saturday. Send information to Karl Zinke at email@example.com. Please include sport the announcement should be listed under. Dates are subject to change. Examiner is not responsible for tryouts. Please contact people listed for detailed information. The Examiner reserves the right to edit for length and content and remove any listings.
• Group exploring interest in a 14-and-under baseball league. Games to be played at Independence Athletic Complex and Crysler Stadium. Regulation baseball distances will be used and modified baseball rules. Season will start in April 2014. Season will consist of 12-game regular season and a postseason tournament. Please contact John Curtis at 816-516-3760 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Teams needed to expand the ongoing Junior American Legion baseball program. Age 17-and-under teams needed from the following base high schools: Grain Valley, Oak Grove, all Lee's Summit Schools, Van Horn and William Chrisman. League at the present time is a 12-game league with a postseason tournament. Please contact John Curtis at 816-516-3760 or email@example.com for more information.
• Tryouts: Blue Springs Storm competitive baseball team looking for players who played 8U this spring to play 9U fall ball in 2013/spring 2014 season. Team will play 9U in fall and 10U in spring as well as 2 or 3 tournaments per month in spring. Team has several coaches with several years experience coaching high levels of competitive baseball. Team practices throughout the year and works around other fall/winter sports as needed and includes free one-on-one sessions with players. Contact head coach Zack Driskell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-812-0376 if interested in trying out.
• Tryouts: 12U AA Wolverines seeking coachable athletes who can play multiple positions, have sound fundamentals and hustle. Must also have good attitude and strong desire to play and progress in the game of baseball. All positions are open for competition. This will be evaluated at each practice and game. Playing time will be earned,not given. Pitching, catching, middle infielder and strong hitters are a plus. Also need a strong outfielder who can also pitch and play middle infield. Team will have ongoing tryouts until it can build a solid 2013 spring/summer roster to finish out 11U season. Team will play in 6-8 more tournaments and will also play in the 2014 fall season at the12U level. Contact Coach Floyd for tryout or more information at 816-984-9069 or email@example.com.
• Tryouts: Millhouse Baseball seeking players for its competitive teams. 9U team needs three players; 12AA and 12AAA teams need one player; 16-18U needs two pitchers. For more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• eXcel Lee’s Summit Optimist Basketball Tournament, Oct. 18-20 at Lee’s Summit School District facilities. Teams in grades 2-12 are eligible. Cost is $135 per team for a three-game guarantee. All games have certified MSHSAA/KSHSAA officials. Deadline to register is 11 p.m. Oct. 15. Proceeds benefit the Lee’s Summit Optimist Club’s student scholarship fund. Register, enter roster and pay at www.excelyouthbasketball.com or by contacting email@example.com or calling 816-916-9565.
Page 2 of 2 - • Harrisonville Hardwood Basketball Tournament, Nov. 2-3, in Harrisonville and Archie, Mo. Cost is $135 per team. Register, enter roster and pay at www.excelyouthbasketball.com or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 816-916-9565.
• Valentine’s Day Basketball Classic, Feb. 15-16, 2014, in Harrisonville and Archie, Mo. Cost is $135 per team. Register, enter roster and pay at www.excelyouthbasketball.com or by contacting email@example.com or calling 816-916-9565.
• Missouri Mule Soccer Tournament, Oct. 25-27, at Hidden Valley Park Soccer Complex in Blue Springs. Deadline to register is Sept. 30. The tournament will be hosted by the Summit Soccer Club. For more information, contact Tim Maret at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.summitsoccerclub.org.