|
|
Examiner
  • Apartment building fire in Independence

    • email print
      Comment
  • A fire broke out inside an apartment building and injured four people in Independence on Sunday night.
    Independence Fire Deputy Chief John Greene says fire crews responded to the call just a little after 7:30 p.m. on 210 S. Pleasant St.
    Two of the residents were placed under observation for smoke inhalation and two firefighters were treated for minor injuries and later released, according to Greene.
    Greene said that although the building did not suffer any structural damage, the room of the fire’s origin experienced minor damage. He says the cause of the fire was due to careless handling of smoking materials, such as dumping cigarette ashes inside a trashcan.

        calendar