Two separate vehicle chases involving police occurred in Blue Springs late Thursday night and early Friday morning.

According to Blue Springs Police Public Information Officer Jennifer Dachenhausen, police were dispatched to a motorist-assist call at 11:39 p.m. Thursday night an Adams Dairy Parkway and Duncan Road. Officers located a vehicle with a lone male driver.

Dachenhausen said he appeared to be asleep and police tried to make contact with him for several minutes. The driver eventually woke up and then drove away, heading west on Duncan Road. Police began to pursue the man after he failed to yield for a marked patrol vehicle with activated emergency equipment.

Not long after, another Blue Springs police unit deployed a tire-deflation device at the R.D. Mize and Duncan roads. The device worked, and the vehicle came to a stop near Sunny Vale Middle School.

The man was taken into custody, and there were no reported injuries, Dachenhausen said.

The second pursuit occurred around 5:30 a.m. Friday. Dachenhausen said police responded to a call of a stolen auto in progress. A white Ford Ranger pickup truck arrived at an undiclosed residence, and one of the occupants got out and reportedly took a 2010 Nissan Altima. The two vehicles left, but the owner of the Altima activated the remote start switch and it shut down. That driver jumped back into the truck, said Dachenhausen.

Dachenhausen said the victim was able to give police a description of the Ranger, which they located. Running the license plates, they found it had been reported stolen out of North Kansas City about three hours earlier. Police tried to stop the truck, Dachenhausen said, but the driver fled and police pursued.

That pursuit of 30 to 40 minutes went through Independence, Kansas City, Raytown and then back into Kansas City, and Kansas City police put out stop sticks at 31st Street and Troost Avenue. The Ranger eventually came to a stop at 29th and Troost, and two female suspects were taken into custody.