|
|
Examiner
  • Deck catches on fire in Grain Valley

    • email print
  • A fire broke out on a deck at a Grain Valley home Tuesday afternoon.
    Central Jackson County Assistant Chief Eddie Saffell reported that fire crews responded to a call at 2:20 p.m. on the 100 block of McQuerry Road in Grain Valley. He says a deck located on the side of the residence caught fire, and it grew enough to reach the home.
    “The fire spread to a couple of windows of the residence and it got inside a little,” Saffell said.
    According to Saffell, at least two people were home at the time of the deck fire. However, he reports they safely escaped and had no injuries.
    The house suffered minor damage and the cause has yet to be determined, says Saffell. Although he believes it may be smoking-related.

        calendar