|
|
Examiner
  • Fire damages units at Parkview Bay

  • The Osage Beach Fire Protection District was called to 4800 Eagleview Drive about 2 a.m. Thursday for a fire at Parkview Bay Condominiums. Fire was reported to be on the exterior of the structure with flames showing.
    • email print
  • The Osage Beach Fire Protection District was called to 4800 Eagleview Drive about 2 a.m. Thursday for a fire at Parkview Bay Condominiums. Fire was reported to be on the exterior of the structure with flames showing.
    First-arriving units found heavy fire through the roof of a four-story unit and began evacuation of the building. The building sustained a partial collapse of the fourth story into the third story unit below. One occupant suffered minor burns to his hands while attempting to extinguish the fire. The individual was treated on the scene and refused transport. One firefighter suffered a minor injury, a sprained ankle, and was transported to the hospital, treated and released.
    Cause of fire has been determined to be discarded cigarette butts in a hanging planter on the deck of the fourth floor unit.
    Fire was brought under control at 3:09 a.m. and units remained on the scene with overhaul operations until 6:30 a.m.
    Code Enforcement Officers from the Fire District and the City of Osage Beach are on the scene this morning to determine the structural integrity of the building.
    Osage Beach called a third alarm and was assisted on the scene by Lake Ozark Fire, Mid County Fire, Camdenton City Fire, Sunrise Beach Fire, Osage Beach Police and Osage Beach Ambulance. Eldon Fire responded to Osage Beach Station 1 to cover calls for the district.
      • calendar