The two candidates for mayor of Independence have raised almost $150,000 for their campaigns, although Council Member Eileen Weir has raised far more than Council Member Jim Schultz.
Voters go the polls on Tuesday. The mayor’s term is four years.
In reports filed with the Missouri Ethics Commission from the beginning of the year through last Monday, Weir reports having raised $123,095 for the election and spending $114,056. Schultz reports having raised $24,844 and spending $21,775. Neither candidate’s campaign reported having taken out any loans or having any debt.
Monetary donations (not in-kind gifts) of $100 or more:
• $2,400, Cltizens for Effective Leadership, Independence.
• $2,000, B.J. and Susan Schultz, Columbia, Mo.
• $1,500, Crackerneck West Retail, Grain Valley.
• $1,500, Judi Cobb, New Boston, Mich.
• $700, McDonald AutoBody, Independence.
• $500 each – Barbara and John Allinder, Independence; Tom and Jane Richards, Independence; Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors, Leawood; Robert Herman, Grain Valley; Richard and Brenda Coffman, Village of Loch Lloyd.
• $333, John Hajicek, Independence.
• $300, Ann Rich, Independence.
• $250 each – Joyce Herman, Lee’s Summit; Adam and Lisa Kliethermes, Independence; L&T Partners LLC, Leawood; John Pennell, Independence.
• $200 each – Allen Raymond, Independence; Joseph Stevinson, Blue Springs; Craig Carmichael, Independence; Vance Cunningham, Independence; Missouri Siding, Window, and Roofing, Independence.
• $200, Don and Donna Meiners, Lee’s Summit.
• $150, Dorothy Seaver, Independence
• $100 each – Sharon Clothier, Independence; Lisa Herron, Independence; Alan Smead, Independence; Eric and Rita Woolery, Independence; Anthony and Teresa Durant, Buckner; Paul Roberts, Independence; Ronald and Kathleen Jennings, Independence; Nancy Berry, Independence; Don Russell, Independence; Carol Jean Mays, Independence; Jake and Lucy Scherer, Independence; Dennis and Lori Lane, Independence; Bill and Dorothy McDonald, Independence; Jerome and Mary P. Kacheroski, Independence.
• $11,000, CHIPP Political Account (United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners), St, Louis.
• $11,000, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers PAC Voluntary Fund, Washington, D.C.
• $8,500 Integrity in Law Enforcement, Independence.
• $6,500, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 53 Voluntary Fund, Kansas City.
• $5,000, International Association of Fire Fighters Local 781, Independence.
• $2,700, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 124 Voluntary Political Fund, Kansas City.
• $2,600, Communications Workers of America District 6, St. Louis.
• $2,000, Superior Bowen Asphalt, Kansas City.
• $2,000, Mobile Earth Inc., Kansas City.
• $1,750, Roofers Local No. 20, Raytown.
• $1,700, Teamsters Union Local 41 Political Action Committee, Kansas City.
• $1,250, Sheet Metal Workers Local No. 2 Legislative Action Committee, Kansas City.
• $1,250, Sheila Normile Thompson, San Francisco.
• $1,200, Kevin Pistilli, Kansas City.
• $1,100, International Union of Painters and Allied Trades PAC, Raytown.
• $1,100, Laborers Educational & Political Club Independent Pac, Kansas City.
• $1,000, Western Missouri and Kansas Laborers District Council, Kansas City.
• $1,000, Callahan for Missouri (Victor Callahan is a former state senator), Independence.
• $1,000, Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1287 COPE Missouri, Kansas City.
• $1,000, Operating Engineers Local 101 PAC, Kansas City.
• $900, Jack Cardwell, Independence.
• $800, United Steelworkers of America Local 13558.
• $800, Labors Educational & Political Club Independent Political Action Committee, Kansas City.
• $750, Karen Holland, Kansas City.
• $750, Greater Kansas City Building & Construction Trades Council, Independence.
• $750, Scott Brown, Lee’s Summit.
• $700, Norman and Linda Humphrey, Independence.
• $600 each – Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors Missouri PAC, Leawood; Robert Moore, Overland Park; Bill and Shirley Baker (Bill Baker is a former Independence City Council member), Independence; Asbestos Workers Political Account, Independence.
• $500 each – Sprinkler Fitters Union Local 314, Kansas City; 3M Investments Co., Independence; Gene and Joanne Cable, Lee’s Summit; Keith and Sandy Querry, Independence; IAS Partners Inc., Kansas City.
• $450, Patricia Schumacher, Independence.
• $400 each – Donna Pittman, Independence; Stanley and Michele Crumbaugh, Independence.
• $360, Bruce and Konnie VanCampernolle, Independence.
• $350 each – Jerry and Debbie Page, Kansas City; Kathryn Harvel, Lee’s Summit; Powerful Performance Solutions, Lee’s Summit.
• $300 each – Bernard and Rita O’Donnell of Independence; Margaret Normile, Ashville, N.C.; Lois McDonald, Independence; Jolene Shaw, Kansas City; Jim and Paula Gamble, Independence; George Lopez, Kansas City.
• $250 each – Nice Sales Inc., Independence; Boyd, Kenter, Thomas & Parrish law firm, Kansas City; Bill and Jill Esry (Jill Esry is on the Independence Board of Education), Independence; Geoffrey and Susan Carter, Prospect, Ky.; Mark One Electric, Kansas City.
• $200 each – Lee Williams, Independence; Mary Ellen Normile, Independence; Walter Savio, Kansas City; Robert and Pat Henley, Independence; Robert Graham, listed as “Shawnee Mission,” Kan.; Maureen Kennedy, Independence; M.L. Electric, Independence; Hap Graff, Lake Lotawana; Citizens to Elect Curt Dougherty (Dougherty is an Independence City Council member); Kissick Construction Company, Kansas City; Peter and Catherine Altman, Binghamton, N.Y.
• $190, Jaime Matthews, Lee’s Summit.
• $175, Jane Howard, Independence; Kent Dicus, Kansas City; Joseph and Sharon Flick, Independence.
• $150 each – Pat McGranahan, Independence; Blair and Marian Wildermuth, Independence; Angelo Mancini, Independence; Duane and Shirley Holder, Independence; Sharon Williams, Lee’s Summit; Alise Martinty, Independence.
• $125 each – Todd Appleby, Independence; Allan and Thelma Baker, Independence.
• $100 each – June Short, Independence; Janet Franklin, Independence; Regan Burke, Chicago; Larry and Betty Coleman, Independence; George Lightfoot, Independence; Lakewood Business Park, Lee’s Summit; Nina Anders, Independence; Brian Collins, Kansas City; Donna Wilson Peters, Kansas City; Charles Renner, Kansas City; MWI Consulting Group, Washington, D.C.; Janet O’Brien, Independence; Kenneth Landes, Blue Springs; JMC Realty, Overland Park; John Sharp, Kansas City Council member; James and Diane Waers, Prairie Village; Alex Burden, Fairway; Salvatore Monteleone, Kansas City.