Holy Week services at some area congregations:
Eastgate Christian Church, 4010 S. River Blvd., Independence.
• Palm Sunday, 10:35 a.m. The worship service will include the procession of palms, special music and communion. Instead of a sermon, there will be a radio play, “The Second Day.”
• Maundy Thursday, 7 p.m., includes a meditation, “In Times of Abandonment, a Prayer,” special music and communion. It concludes with a tenebrae service.
• Good Friday, 7 p.m., includes brief meditations on “The Seven Last Words of Christ,” which Jesus spoke from the cross.
• Easter Vigil, 8 p.m. April 19. This ancient service recalls some of the demonstrations of God’s power and salvation in Jewish history. It includes special music, a celebration of the sacrament of baptism and Holy Communion.
• Easter Sunday, 10:25 a.m. April 20. Includes special music and Holy Communion and the Rev. Patty will conclude his Lenten sermon series.
For more information, call 816-252-6828.
Northern Boulevard United Methodist Church, 1800 Northern Blvd., Independence
• Palm Sunday service, 10:30 a.m.
• Maundy Thursday service, 7 p.m.
• Good Friday sacrificial breakfast, 9 a.m.
• April 19, Easter Eggstravaganza from 10 a.m. to noon. Children ages 4 to 11 will learn about the resurrection of Jesus.
• April 20, Easter Sunday, continental breakfast from 9 to 10:30 a.m., Easter egg hunt at 10 a.m., followed by Easter Sunday service at 10:30 a.m.
Parking is behind the church on 18th and Hedges. For more information, call 816-252-7977 or visit www.nbumcmo.org.
First Christian Church, 701 N.W. 15th St., Blue Springs.
• Maundy Thursday service, 7 p.m., “Christ’s Compassion” a musical drama.
• Good Friday, 5 to 9 p.m., living Crucifixion.
• Easter Sunday, April 20, 6 a.m. Sunrise Service, 8:30 a.m. Choir Cantata “Hallelujah, Praise the Lamb”, 11 a.m. celebration worship. A pancake breakfast will also be served starting at 6:30 a.m.
For more information, call 816-229-8400.