Easter weekend services at some area congregations:
Eastgate Christian Church, 4010 S. River Blvd., Independence.
• Easter vigil, 8 p.m. Saturday. Special music, a celebration of the sacrament of baptism and holy communion.
• Easter Sunday, 10:25 a.m. Includes special music and holy communion and the Rev. Patty will conclude his Lenten sermon series.
For more information, call 816-252-6828.
Northern Boulevard United Methodist Church, 1800 Northern Blvd., Independence
• Saturday, Easter Eggstravaganza from 10 a.m. to noon. Children ages 4 to 11 will learn about the resurrection of Jesus.
• Easter Sunday, continental breakfast from 9 to 10:30 a.m., Easter egg hunt at 10 a.m., followed by Easter Sunday service at 10:30 a.m.
Parking is behind the church on 18th and Hedges. For more information, call 816-252-7977 or visit www.nbumcmo.org.
First Christian Church, 701 N.W. 15th St., Blue Springs.
• Easter Sunday, 6 a.m. Sunrise Service, 8:30 a.m. Choir cantata “Hallelujah, Praise the Lamb,” 11 a.m. celebration worship. A pancake breakfast will also be served starting at 6:30 a.m.
For more information, call 816-229-8400.
Independence First Christian, 125 S. Pleasant St.
The final sermon in the series “Final Words of Christ and What They Mean to Us Today” will be Sunday. It’s “The Power of a Committed Spirit,” from Luke 23:44-49. The series has been given by Senior Minister Don Brezavar.
Sunday’s services are at 8:30 and 10:45 a.m. Call 816-252-6100 or www.fccindepmo.org.
United Methodist Church of the Resurrection, 601 E. Jefferson, Blue Springs
The final sermon in the series “The Gospel of the Nobodies” is “The Women at the Tomb” on Sunday. The sermon series draws from the Gospel of Luke, looking at stories that illustrate Christ’s concern for those who were marginalized by society.
The church, based in Leawood, has a Blue Springs campus. Worship is at 9 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. Sunday. Nursery care for children from birth through age 3 is available, and Sunday school is for children age 4 through the fifth grade during services. All are invited for coffee before worship near the east entrance.
Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church, 3108 U.S. 40, Blue Springs
• The annual Easter Egg-stravaganza is from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday. Rain or shine, the egg hunt starts at 2 p.m. with a gathering in the sanctuary. After the egg hunt, enjoy crafts and treats and take a family photo with the Easter Bunny.
• Easter Sunday services include an 8:15 a.m. worship service and a 10:30 a.m. worship service with the choir. From 8:15 to 10 a.m., the Chapel Hill Fellowship members will serve a breakfast of pancakes, sausage, hard-boiled eggs, fruit and a drink, with a suggested donation of $5 for adults and $2 for children (any amount will be accepted). Proceeds will benefit Harvesters.
For more information, call the church at 816-229-3367.