In honor of Ray and Nancy Axton, whom God received April and August of 2013
By Elaine Axton
The way two people live their lives speak volumes.
Thank you for...
• Giving us the gift of a caring heart.
• Allowing me to be me and supporting me; for being my champion.
• Teaching me the importance of setting a budget and living within it; starting with little jars with labels.
• Having a strong work ethic; for being independent and passing those values to us.
• Teaching us how to solve problems and repair things.
• Allows me to help when you worked on the house or car.
• Helping us build confidence.
• Caring for others; at times putting their needs above your own.
• Setting a high moral compass.
• Raising us in a Christian home free of cigarettes, alcohol and other drugs.
• Doing the right thing.
• Teaching us to eat whatever was put before us and not complain (still working on this).
• Teaching us that listening was at times more important than talking (again a work in progress).
• Teaching us that family comes above all else.
• Teaching us God gave us animals to love and protect.
• Teaching us that looking for the good in people was more of a blessing than we knew.
• Lighting up a room with your smile; you had one for everyone.
• Being a good hugger.
• Not taking life too seriously; it’s just the name of the game.
• Being good role models, not only for us but those whose lives you touched.
• Being a man of convictions who was not materialist.
• Not being hypercritical or judgmental.
• Your loyalty not only to family, but to friends and neighbors.
• Being dependable and wanting to be available to help.
• Your ability and willingness to find joy and positive things regardless of events; “I can’t remember what we did, but we had a good time.”
• Having the courage to break ties and be the best you could be; that was inspirational.
• The security of knowing that you would always be there for us no matter what.
• The sacrifices you made for us.
• Telling us you loved us... out loud.