Directors are encouraged to submit between 1 to 3 different proposals for shows next year. The Show Selection Team has decided the general guidelines for each production, but directors are free to propose titles and concepts for each of the following performance dates.
• Nov. 15: Type of production, 2015 season announcement and fundraising gala.
• March 18, 20, 21, 22: Type of production, light non-musical comedy with small to medium size cast.
• May 23-25: Type of production, The Toby Show directed by Ben Martin (searching for assistant director/stage manager).
• June 25-28: Type of production, small scale musical or revue with a small adult cast.
• Late August/early September: Type of production, outdoor musical with a large family-friendly cast.
• Oct. 15-18: Type of production, serious drama with small to medium size cast.
• Nov. 21: Type of production, 2016 season announcement gala.
• Dec. 11-13: Type of production, winter/Christmas dinner theatre play or small musical.
Application should include: Letter of interest; resume with special attention to directing experience; proposal including title and production concept; potential creative staff, if decided (optional, STG can help find creative staff members).
Tentative decision schedule: Application deadline Aug. 15; interviews, Sept. 1-12; directors notified Sept. 22.
Applications should be mailed to Summit Theatre Group, P.O. Box 1736, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063-1736. For more information, call 816-463-2654.