The South Independence Branch of Mid-Continent Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of September. The library is located at 13700 E. 35th St. All activities are free unless otherwise noted. Registration is required, call 816-461-2050.
• Teen Anime Movie Night, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 3. Call to see what’s playing.
• Basic Yoga, for adults, 7 p.m. Sept. 8, 15, 22. This class includes slow-paced stretching, some simple breathing exercises, and perhaps seated meditation. Learn basic poses and relaxation techniques. All levels welcome.
• Create a New Look for Your Home, for adults, 7 p.m. Sept. 9. Are you tired of the way your home looks, but can’t afford to buy new furniture and accessories? Lisa Holiman will explain the four elements of redesign to help you enhance your surroundings using items you already have.
• Fingernail Polish Art, for teens, 3:30 to 5 p.m. Sept. 17. This class will focus on the art of painting intricate designs on fingernails. Class will last 90 minutes.
• Teen Lit: Banned Books Week, 3:30 p.m. Sept. 24. Call to see what we have planned.
• Beaded Jack-O-Lantern, for adults, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 30. Add a special touch to this year’s fall decorating. This is a two part hands on class with each class lasting 90 minutes; if only one date is scheduled, class runs for three hours. Hands-on materials fee, $13.
– Jillayne Ritchie