Nothing helps celebrate springtime more than a gathering with loved ones. With the season's longer days and warmer weather, people are looking for ways to increase the fun as family and friends get together. Here are some easy tips for entertaining:
* Pick up a new set of votive candles and glass holders for an instant and elegant atmosphere. Expert tip: A little water in the bottom of the candleholder will help prevent melted wax from sticking to the glass.
* Utilize fresh, seasonal produce. Freeze strawberries, blueberries, fresh mint or citrus twists in ice cubes to add a hint of flavor to beverages.
* Have frozen sugar cookie dough on hand, along with sprinkles and seasonal cookie cutters, as a baking activity to do with little ones.
* For easy group entertainment, make sure you have a selection of classic board games available. Take a minute to make sure all the playing pieces are intact, cards are accounted for and pencils are sharpened.
* On picnic tables, weigh down tablecloths with condiment containers or heavy vases of fresh flowers.