The Grain Valley Branch of Mid-Continent Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of July The library is located at 101 S.W. Eagles Pkwy. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-228-4020.
• Book Group, for adults, 7 p.m. July 10. Come meet like-minded people, enjoy lively discussion, learn which books inspire others, and talk about your favorite books.
• Storytime for Preschoolers, 10 a.m. July 12, 19 and 26. Visit the Library for an exciting and unique storytime journey. We'll explore the first steps toward reading readiness for you and your preschooler. Designed for preschoolers between 3 and 5 years old and their caregivers.
• Mad Science presents Super Structures, for ages 4 and older, 10:30 a.m. July 12. Explore how combining triangles, cylinders, and arches makes super sturdy structures. Build a bridge and a skyscraper, and then study tension by taking down a teetering tower of blocks.
• Craft Group, for adults, 10 a.m. July 18. Join us to meet new people, create new items, and even learn a thing or two. Quilt, knit, scrapbook, crochet, and more!
• Cloud Storage, for adults, 7 p.m. July 20. Cloud storage allows you to save your files online, so you can access them from anywhere at any time. Learn how to store your documents, music, and photos on a cloud storage system.
– Jillayne Ritchie