The Blue Springs North Branch of Mid-Continent Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of August. The library is located at 850 N.W. Hunter Drive. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-224-8772.
• Prudence, the Part-Time Cow, for ages 4 and older, 10 a.m. Aug. 1. Prudence is a cow who loves science, architecture, and engineering, but her herd thinks she’s gone overboard with her inventions. Hear the story of Prudence and build your own great gadget.
• Knot or Not a Knot? Knot Tying Basics, for teens, 6:30 p.m. Aug. 8. Knot tying is a cinch when you know how. Discover the art of knot tying and rope work in this fun workshop.
Teen Anime, 6:30 p.m. Aug. 22. Join fellow fanatics for fun!
• Family Fun at the Movies, for ages 5 and older, 1 p.m. Aug. 12. Don’t miss out on some family fun. Join us for a movie and a snack!
• WeDo LEGO Robotics: Dancing Birds, for ages 8 and older, 10 a.m. Aug. 19. Build noisy birds and program them to dance to your beat. Kids will work in pairs to make these simple robots.
• Ideal Kitchen, for adults, 7 p.m. Aug. 31. The ideal kitchen requires some essential equipment and pantry staples. This program presents the items you should always have on hand for cooking tasty meals in a timely fashion without breaking your bank. The presenter is an amateur chef, a graduate of the Professional Chef Series at the Culinary Center of Kansas City, and a Kansas City Barbecue Society judge.
– Jillayne Ritchie