Once again, it's time to participate in the annual Feed the Need Food Drive hosted by the Grain Valley Assistance Council. Local businesses are encouraged to get involved in this fun contest.
• You will receive your barrel(s) the first full week in August.
• You will have until Aug. 12 to decorate your barrel. This year’s theme is “Local Sports.” You can use any decorating ideas that you want.
• The Food Drive starts as soon as your barrels are decorated. Set your barrels out and start filling them! The goal is to collect 2000 pounds of food by participating Grain Valley businesses.
• Photos will be taken between Aug. 21 through 25 of the barrels. The photos will viewed and judged at the GV Senior Luncheon held on the first Wednesday in September at the Community Center.
• The Food Drive will finish on Aug. 25 and all food and donations will be picked up as soon as possible.
This is a fun contest and a great way to get your employees or customers involved in a worthwhile cause. The winner of the contest will receive a mention on the Grain Valley Assistance Council website.
All proceeds will go to the Grain Valley Assistance Council to help those in need, in Grain Valley. For more information and to sign up, call Jim Meyer at Grain Valley Parks & Recreation at 816-847-6230.