The Jackson County Public Works/Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public for cities other than Independence.
Winstead's, 905 S. M-7 – On Sept. 18, the dish washer sanitizer solution did not come out the machine; re-inspection required. Eggs were being stored above the hot dogs; corrected.
Real Jalisco Fine Mexican Cuisine, 1414 N.W. M-7 – On Sept. 21, the ice machine had a black build-up inside. The inside of the microwave had an large accumulation of food residue; corrected. The cold holding make-ready table was was 62 degrees inside; all out of temperature food was discarded, re-inspection required.
Texas Roadhouse, 455 N.E. Coronado – On Sept. 21, chemicals were stored with single service items; corrected. Ice scoop holders had a build-up of debris, and cleaned cutting boards stored on the clean dish rack had a build-up of debris.
Chipotle Mexican Grill, 1115 Coronado Drive – On Sept. 22, an employee was observed working with partially cooked chicken on the grill and not changing gloves or washing hands when finished; corrected. An employee was observed touching face with bare hands and not washing hands before returning to cooking; corrected.
Papa Murphy's Take-N-Bake Pizza, 2118 N.W. M-7 – On Sept. 22, food items held in the walk-in cooler were past the discard by date; discarded. An employee was observed putting on gloves without washing his hands.
Shangri-la Rehab & Living Center, 930 N.E. Duncan Road – On Sept. 22, inspectors found many gnats around the dish tubs in the dish area; re-inspection required. The dish washer tested at 0ppm chlorine, and the 3-compartment sink tested at 0ppm quat.
Osage Trail Middle School – Indoor Concession, 2101 Twyman Road – On Sept. 18, the inside of the microwave was dirty and an employee's drink was left open and next to the hot dog roller.
Jimmy Johns, 426 S.E. M-291 – On Sept. 21, a chemical spray bottle was not labeled; corrected.
Young's Chinese & Sushi, 601 N.E. Woods Chapel Road – On Sept. 21, the dish machine was tested at 0ppm; corrected.
Poppy's Ice Cream & Coffee House, 307 S.E. Douglas St. – On Sept. 21, dried food debris accumulation was found on the can opener blade; corrected.
Costa Vida, 115 S.E. M-291 – On Sept. 22, an employee was observed putting on gloves to handle food without washing hands after handling the cash register. Plastic pitchers were severely cracked.
Garozzo's Ristorante, 1547 N.E. Rice Road – On Sept. 22, the cook was observed putting on gloves to handle food without washing hands, and an employee was observed wiping his nose/mouth and did not wash his hands. Dried food debris was found on the slicer, and a thick black accumulation was found in the beverage gun nozzle and base. Food held in the reach-in cooler was past the 7 days safe storage time frame.
Jimmy John's, 3680 N.E. Akin Drive – On Sept. 27, a chemical spray bottle was not labeled, and a sanitizing solution bottle was hanging from the meat slicer; both were corrected. An employee was observed putting on gloves to handle food without washing hands after handling the cash register, and an employee was observed switching tasks without changing gloves; both were corrected.
Sugar Creek Elementary School, 11424 Gill St. – On Sept. 26, condensation was dripping onto fresh produce stored inside the reach-in cooler; corrected.
– Jillayne Ritchie