The Jackson County Public Works/Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public for cities other than Independence.
• Sonic Drive-In, 515 N.E. Coronado Drive – On Oct. 12, soda nozzles had an accumulation of build-up; corrected.
• Adams Pointe Conference Center, 1400 N.E. Coronado Drive – On Oct. 16, a package of ready-to-eat food was not labeled with a discard date; discarded.
• Courtyard by Marriott, 1500 N.E. Coronado Drive – On Oct. 16, raw eggs were stored above ready-to-eat foods in the small reach-in cooler; corrected.
• El Maguey, 102 Buckner-Tarsney Road – On Oct. 16, multiple chemical bottles were stored hanging from wire shelves above and directly next to food; raw bacon and beef were stored above ready-to-eat foods in the walk-in cooler; and multiple containers of prepared sauces and precooked foods were not labeled with the discard date. All violations were corrected.
• Jose Pepper's, 1667 N.E. Douglas St. – On Oct. 12, the ice scoop holders at the server's soda machine and kitchen ice machine had a build-up.
• Wendy's, 9708 E. 63rd St. – On Oct. 12, the ice scoop was stored on top of the ice machine; corrected.
– Jillayne Ritchie