The City of Independence Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public within city limits. Critical violations must be handled within 72 hours.
• Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom, 661 Cochise Court – On Oct. 25, the hand washing station next to the cook line was blocked with equipment.
• Dicky's Barbecue Pit, 1348 S. Noland Road – On Oct. 26, inspectors found no barrier being used between the scale and the cut meats. Spray bottles of chemicals were hanging off of the side of both the hand sink in the drive thru area and the hand sink in the ware washing area, and green scrubbers were in the basin of the hand sink in the ware washing area. The soap dispenser at the hand sink in the ware washing area was not functioning; repaired or replace. A spray bottle hanging on the drive thru hand sink was unlabeled.
• Price Chopper, 4201 S. Noland Road – On Oct. 26, no buckets of sanitizer with wiping clothes were found in the salad bar or bakery areas.
• Pizza Street, 3503 S. Noland Road – On Oct. 27, the ranch pizza topping was 52 degrees; discarded. The pizza prep table cooler was not keeping temperatures at 41 degrees or below. The rear hand sink paper towel dispenser was not working.
• Subway, 4000 S. Bolger Road – On Oct. 27, inspectors found food product being thawed in the hand sink.
• Saints Pub & Patio, 20220 E. Jackson Drive – On Nov. 1, the ice scoop in the ice bin on the expo line had the handle in contact with the ice. The hand sink next to the office was blocked by a liquor delivery.
– Jillayne Ritchie