Several murder suspects or men charged in other recent serious crimes in the area had appeared Monday in Jackson County Circuit Court, all via video feed.
• Tyrell Young, accused of killing James Hill in Walgreens parking lot last October. The 16-year-old has been certified to stand trial as an adult and received a continuance until Jan. 30 so he can have a public defender.
• Christopher Taylor, accused of killing young mother Whitney Gray during a road rage fit last October. His preliminary hearing was continued to Feb. 27.
• Tyrone Willard, accused of participating in the shooting death of Phillip Diaz in December at the Hawthorne Place Apartments. He is scheduled to be arraigned Feb. 8.
• Stephen Lundemo, accused of stealing two cars and leading officers on separate chases in two cities last month. He received a continuance until Jan. 30 so he can have a public defender.
• Drevon Davis, accused of shooting a woman in her car last month outside Burlington Coat Factory. Police said the 17-year-old and two others intended to carjack somebody and that Davis wanted to find a certain man and shoot him after a bad cell phone deal, and that Davis also admitted other previous carjackings or attempts. His request for bond reduction from $300,000/10 percent was denied, and his next scheduled court appearance is Feb. 8.