Beacon Heights Community of Christ will be holding a benefit concert for Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 28, at the church, 19402 Holke Road, Independence.
• Is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian ministry dedicated to the elimination of poverty and substandard housing worldwide.
• Believes that every person deserves a safe and decent place in which to live and grow into all that God intends for them to be.
• Builds or renovates houses in partnership with families who qualify for homeownership based on three criteria: Need, a willingness to partner with Habitat, and an ability to repay a no-interest mortgage.
• Works with people of all faiths and people of no faith.
• Sells its houses at no profit, with no interest charged.
• Tithes a portion of proceeds to help build homes in Haiti.
• Has built and renovated more than 60 homes in Eastern Jackson County since 1989.
The concert is free, but a freewill offering will be collected to help Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
For more information, call 816-461-6551 or email@example.com.