Official Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher will be revealed on July 4
The Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum’s Executive Director, Henry Sweets and Tom and Becky Judging Coordinator, Kate Sublette, announced Friday evening the names of the five boys and five girls selected as finalist in the Tom and Becky Goodwill Ambassador Program for 2018-2019.
After completing a written exam over the history of Hannibal, Samuel Clemens and his writings and participating in an interview before a panel of five judges familiar with the Tom and Becky Program and Hannibal tourism, the following individuals were selected. The interviews were on April 20 at the Mark Twain Museum Gallery, prior to selection of the finalists. All 10 finalists will represent the city as “Goodwill Ambassadors” for the 2018-2019 year that officially begins with the announcement of the “Official” Tom and Becky on July 4th in Central Park.
• Dawson Behl, son of Danny & LaRhonda Behl
• Kason Bonvillian, son of David & Jessica Bonvillian
• Gage Bouyea, son of Mark & Bridget Bouyea & Kim Bouyea
• Michael Hark, son of John Hark & Amy McKinney
• Corgan Kramer, son of Bob & Shiree Kramer
• Elaina Dyke, daughter of Danny & Amy Dyke
• Kennedy Fitzgerald, daughter of Chad Fitzgerald & Lori Branch
• Alina Hays, daughter of Tim & Nancy Hays
• Katie Locke, daughter of Jeff & Kori Locke
• Macy Walden, daughter of Chad & Debbie Walden
The 10 finalists will now begin preparation for the remaining two stages of the Tom and Becky judging process which are a two day “orientation” with a panel of three judges familiar with the program to be held June 18-19 and the final judging with a panel of three judges from outside Hannibal on July 3.
Family, friends and supporters of the Tom and Becky Program are invited to the Annual Tom and Becky Dinner Cruise aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat on June 19. Tickets will be available from any of the 10 finalists or by contacting Melissa Cummins at the Mark Twain Museum at 573-221-9010 ext. 404.