The Jackson County Public Works/Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public for cities other than Independence.
• Golden Eggroll, 1412 S. M-7 – On April 18, the microwave had a build-up of food residue inside it, and the can opener had a build-up of food residue on the blade; both were corrected.
• Subway, 600 N. M-7 – On April 19, the soda nozzle was on the floor; corrected.
• Quality Inn, 701 N.W. S. Outer Road – On April 20, the can opener had a build-up of food residue on the blade.
• China One, 2005 N.W. M-7 – On April 24, raw chicken was observed above the raw beef in the walk-in cooler; corrected.
• Pizza Hut, 1225-A N.E. Rice Road – On April 20, the dish machine was not sanitizing; re-inspection required.
• Filling Station BBQ, 333 S.E. Douglas St. – On April 23, a reach-in cooler was out of temperature on April 20, at which point food was transferred to another cooler; food was discarded on April 23, re-inspection required.
• KC Poppers, 312 S.W. Enseley – On April 23, an employee used a bare hand to grab popcorn kernal from metal tub and eat; employee washed hands and only touched a single piece of popcorn.
• Sonic Drive-In, 300 S.E. Third St. – On April 23, a container of small hot dogs was held long past their discard date; corrected.
• Taco Bell, 9021 E. M-350 – On April 18, food residue was observed on cleaned food pans; corrected.
• Zedz 2, 10901 E. M-350 – On April 18, raw chicken was stored above beverages in the walk-in cooler; corrected.
• Show Me Fish Chicken & Cakes, 5220 Blue Ridge Blvd. – On April 18, potentially hazardous food in a reach-in cooler was undated; corrected.
• Pizza Hut, 10015 E. 67th St. – On April 19, there was 0ppm of sanitizer in sanitizer buckets throughout the establishment; corrected.
• Stumbles Public House, 9315 E. M-350 – On April 19, bottled sanitizer made with chlorine tested at more than 100ppm; corrected.
• Minit Mart, 9805 E. M-350 – On April 22, deli-style meat and pre-cooked meat pizza topping stored in a reach-in cooler were undated; corrected.
• Goodcents Deli Fresh Subs, 6251 Blue Ridge Blvd. – On April 24, mouse droppings were observed on the floor in the hall closet; re-inspection required.
– Jillayne Ritchie