The Grain Valley Branch of Mid-Continent Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of June. The library is located at 101 S.W. Eagles Pkwy. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-228-4020.
• Storytime for Families: For all ages, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Come share the early literacy experience with the whole family. Hear stories, sing songs, join in movement activities, and more. Bring the whole family, and make some great family memories at the Library!
• Book Group: For adults, 6:30 p.m. June 4. Come meet like-minded people, enjoy lively discussion, learn which books inspire others, and talk about your favorite books.
• WildHeart Presents – Critters Rock!: For ages 5 and older, 10:30 a.m. June 13. Rock the Library with Emmy award-winning singer and songwriter WildHeart! Get ready for toe-tapping, wild-wiggling tunes chocked full of fun facts on wild critters. Plan to rock with reptiles and roll with the fun as you learn about animals and their habitats.
• Fit for Life with KC Wolf: For all ages, 10:30 a.m. June 20. Being a professional mascot in the NFL is a lot of fun, but it can also be a very physically demanding job. KC Wolf understands the importance of proper eating and exercise for a healthy lifestyle. The Fit for Life program encourages young people to make wise choices in the areas of fitness and nutrition. KC Wolf promises to make the program both entertaining and educational.
• Didgeridoo Down Under Show: For all ages, 6:30 p.m. June 26. Join us for this high energy, Australian-themed program that combines music, art, puppetry, comedy, environmental education, character building, and audience participation. Perfect for the whole family! Visit their website at: www.didgrevolution.com.
– Jillayne Ritchie