Sugar Creek Branch Library is offering the following activities for the month of June. The library is located at 102 S. Sterling Ave. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-701-3489.
• Walking Group: 12:30 p.m. June 6 and 20. Come walk with us for fun and fitness.
• Email basics: 11 a.m. June 12. Sign up for a free email account and Learn the ins and outs of how to send and receive email, as well as how to organize your message and send to multiple people.
• Kids Coloring: 4 p.m. June 13.
• Preschool Story Time: 11:30 a.m. June 13 and 27.
• Low Impact Cardio Exercise: 12:30 p.m. June 13 and 27. Come and let us work out together for fitness and strength. Wear your gym clothes and shoes and get the heart pumping.
• After Lunch Book Club: 3 p.m. June 14 and 28. Join us for an After Lunch Book Club as we read and discuss great books. Discussions moderated by Shirl Maldonado.
• Internet basics: 11 a.m. June 19. Learn what the Internet and your Internet browser can do for you! This class concentrates on the basics of online searches.
• Crafts: 4 p.m. June 20.
• Book Club: 2:30 p.m. June 26, Mount Washington Senior Apartments, 570 S. Evanston, Independence. Books provided by the Sugar Creek Branch Library, with discussions moderated by Mary Roberson.
• Microsoft Word basics: 11 a.m. June 26. Sign up for a free Microsoft Word class and learn how to format your document, of essays, writing papers, resumes opening, inserting and saving your work.
• Family Movie – Paddington 2: 2 p.m. June 30. Join us for a family movie on the last Saturday of the month.
– Jillayne Ritchie