The City of Independence Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public within city limits. Critical violations must be handled within 72 hours.
• Drury Inn & Suites, 20300 E. 42nd St. S. – On June 8, there were no individual disposal paper towels at the hand sinks.
• Culver's, 4220 S. Little Blue Pkwy. – On June 11, no sanitizer was found on the cook line or in the prep area.
• Autentico California Taco Shop, 19520 E. U.S. 40 – On June 12, roaches of varying ages were found in the ware washing area; the facility was closed voluntarily and treated and the owner was instructed to treat weekly for the next two weeks.
• The Happy Greek, 1003 E. 23rd St. S. – On June 12, the panini grill and utensils were not being kept clean.
• Yum! Station, 15902 E. U.S. 24 – On June 12, open bags of salt and breading were found on a shelf; keep in a closed container. Equipment was not being kept clean: The front of hoods, breading area, a knife, fronts and the bull nose of fryers, front and bull nose of flat top, hot hold bin, towel dispenser at back hand sink, and the shelf below flat top grill.
• Church's Chicken, 701 N. Noland Road – On June 18, several items were out of temperature: Brown gravy (119 degrees), white gravy (115 degrees), and mashed potatoes (126 degrees.) The steam unit was well below 135 degrees; all were disposed of and steam unit temperature was adjusted.
– Jillayne Ritchie