Sugar Creek Branch Library is offering the following activities for the month of July. The library is located at 102 S. Sterling Ave. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-701-3489.
• Teen Night: 5 p.m. July 6. Teens hang out together for fun, games and fellowship.
• Email Basics class: 11 a.m. July 10. Sign up for a free email account and learn the ins and outs of sending and receiving email, as well as how to organize your messages and more.
• Preschool Story Time: 11:30 a.m. July 11 and 25.
• Low Impact Cardio Exercise Class: 12:30 p.m. July 11 and 25. Let's work out together for fitness and strength. Wear your gym clothes and shoes and get the heart pumping.
• After Lunch Book Club: 3 p.m. July 12 and 26. Join us for an After Lunch Book Club as we read and discuss great books. Discussions will be moderated by Shirl Maldonado.
• Internet Basics class: 11 a.m. July 17. Learn what the Internet and your Internet browser can do for you. This class concentrates on the basics of online searches.
• Kids Color: 4 p.m. July 18.
• Walking Group: 12:30 p.m. July 18. Come walk with us for fun and fitness.
• Microsoft Word Basics class: 11 a.m. July 24. Sign up for a free e-mail account and follow along this tutorial teaches the ins and outs of sending and receiving email, as well as how to organize your messages.
• Crafts: 4 p.m. July 25.
• Family Movie – Despicable Me 3: 2 p.m. July 28.
• Computer Basics class: 11 a.m. July 31.
• Book Club: 2:30 p.m. July 31, Mount Washington Senior Apartments, 570 S. Evanston Ave., Independence. Books provided by the Sugar Creek Branch Library, with discussions moderated by Mary Roberson.
– Jillayne Ritchie