1. Drumm Farm Hoedown: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Drumm Farm Center for Children, 3210 S. Lee’s Summit Road, Independence. This festival invites visitors to enjoy pony rides and hayrides, as well as a performance by country artist Drew Six. Kids can take part in rides and games. The event will also have hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecue, cotton candy and ice cream. Tickets are $30 for individuals and $60 for families, and can be purchased by visiting drummfarmforkids.com. Proceeds will benefit the center.
2. St. Mary’s Third Annual Oktoberfest: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 600 N. Liberty St., Independence. German food, traditional music and dancing, games and vendors. Attendees can also purchase local brews from KC Bier Co. The Oktoberfest fundraises for St. Mary’s renovations.
3. Wagontrain Roundup: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, National Frontier Trails Museum, 318 W. Pacific Ave. Participants will use their imagination and gain the pioneer experience. Attendees will learn the skills 19th century travelers needed to reach their destinations, with a modern bonus: A barbecue dinner will be included. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for those 17 and under. Call the museum at 816-325-7575 to reserve tickets.
4. Summit Art Festival: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in downtown Lee’s Summit, S.W. Third St. More than 100 local, regional and national artists showcase and sell their work in diverse media, including printmaking, photography, painting, ceramics, furniture and more. More than 200 works by students from Lee’s Summit area high schools will also be on display. In addition, the event offers food trucks and 13 live music performances. For a full schedule and more information, visit summitartfest.org.
5. National History Day workshop: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday, Harry S. Truman Library & Museum, 500 W. U.S. 24. Truman Library Education Director Mark Adams provides a free workshop examining the theme of triumph and tragedy in history. Attendees can also explore historical resources and ask questions.
HOW TO SUBMIT: Send your event and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit photos in jpg form.