1. 19th Annual KC Storytelling Celebration: Thursday, doors open at 6:30 p.m., Independence Uptown Market, 211 W. Truman Road. Nationally renowned storyteller Bil Lepp will narrate his tales for listeners. Folk musicians Mike and Nancee Micham will add to the fun.
2. Holiday Craft & Vendor Fair: Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Franklin Smith Elementary, 1609 S.W. Clark Road, Blue Springs. More than 50 businesses will sell their products at this event. There will also be concessions and a raffle, as well as crafting, face painting, balloon animals and pony rides.
3. Autumn Architecture Tour: Saturday, 10 a.m.-10:45 a.m. Truman Courthouse, 112 W. Lexington Ave., Independence. This tour, sponsored by the Independence Heritage Commission, will spotlight the Square’s historic churches.
4. Santa’s Arrival & Tree Lighting: Saturday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Independence Center, 18801 E. 39th St. Santa Claus will make his first appearance at Independence Center and will light the mall’s Christmas tree. Also: carolling, hot chocolate and cookie decorating.
5. Pioneer Spring Cabin Fundraiser: Saturday, 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Independence Uptown Market, 211 W. Truman Road. This benefit concert will mark the start of fundraising efforts to preserve the Independence Pioneer Spring Cabin at Truman and Noland Road. Local musician and composer Dana Mengel, whose music has been featured in a PBS documentary and performed internationally, will play selections from his “Oregon Trail Suites for Strings and Percussion” composition. The event is an endorsed Missouri 2021 bicentennial project.
HOW TO SUBMIT: Send your event and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit photos in jpg form.