Items for What’s Happening must be received by noon Thursday before publication on Saturday. Send information to Karl Zinke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include sport the announcement should be listed under. Dates are subject to change. Examiner is not responsible for tryouts. Please contact people listed for detailed information. The Examiner reserves the right to edit for length and content and remove any listings.
• Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Adult Basketball Leagues begin in November and January. Cost is $300 per team for the Nov. 5-Dec. 17 session based on a six-game guarantee. Cost is $400 per team for the Jan. 7-March 11 session based on an eight-game guarantee. Registration deadline is two weeks before the leagues start. Games will be played at Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Pre-register by phone with Visa, Discover or MasterCard at 816-228-0137, online at www.bluespringsgov.com or by mail or in person at the Blue Springs Fieldhouse, 425 N.E. Mock Ave., during office hours 7 days a week. Call 816-228-0137 for more information.
• PTN Haunted Hoops tournament, Oct. 28-29, in Independence. Boys teams from first grade through high school and girls teams from third grade through high school are eligible. Cost is $165 per team with a three-game guarantee and multi-team discounts are available. Games will feature 20-minute clocks and certified officials. For more information, call John 816-838-5878 or Rodney 816-799-7752.
• PTN Plaza Lights tournament, Nov. 25-26, in Overland Park, Kan. Boys teams in grades 1-7 and girls teams in grades 3-7 are eligible. Cost is $165 per team with a three-game guarantee and multi-team discounts are available. Games will feature 20-minute clocks and certified officials. For more information, call John 816-838-5878 or Rodney 816-799-7752.
• Sports Strategy Developments Basketball Club is seeking players. The club will be directed by former longtime professional players and places a high value on academics, skill, character development and culture. The club is seeking players who did not make the high school team or want to learn from pros. Cost is $150 per month (minimum of three months) and includes: player evaluation report card every three months; two practices per week; and minimum of one weekend competitive tournament per month (with 2-5 games on Saturdays and Sundays). Uniforms ($65 per player) and private skills training sessions ($65 per hour) are not included but there is a 25 percent discount for club members. For more information, send email to email@example.com, call 816-665-5433 or fill out an RSVP on the website at www.sportsstrategydevelopment.com.
• Kansas City Youth Basketball Association will host several girls and boys tournaments for the 2016-17 season. To register for these tournaments, visit the website www.kansascityfuture.com and click on the tournament page.
• 5th Annual Turkey Trot 5K run/walk and 1-mile fun run, 9 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 4, at Unity Village, 1901 NW Blue Parkway. Event will include music, food and a new Kids Zone. Registration is $30 per participant; $25 for those over 65 and $20 for kids 14 and under. Awards will be given to the top male and female as well as the first and second place finisher in each age group. Age groups include 5-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79 and 80-plus. Funds from the Turkey Trot will help Lee’s Summit Social Services continue a mission that financially supports families with rent and utility assistance, among other needs, especially as the holiday season approaches. For more information or to register, visit http://www.olpturkeytrot.com.
• Summit Soccer Club Futures taking registrations for upcoming sessions for boys and girls ages 4-7. Six-week sessions include an introduction to soccer fundamentals with professional coaches at Franke Fields (3552 Rennau Drive) in Lee's Summit. Winter Session: Jan. 15-Feb. 23, 2018. Practices are 5:15-6:15 p.m. each Tuesday and scrimmages are 5:15-6:15 p.m. each Thursday during the session. Cost is $99 per session and includes an SSC shirt. To register or to learn more, send email to John Sosa at JohnbSosa@gmail.com or visit www.summitsoccerclub.com.
• Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Winter Adult Volleyball Leagues begin the week of Nov. 15 at the Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Leagues available are Wednesday Women’s and Sunday Coed and games are played at Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Cost is $200 per team based on a 10-match schedule. Register online at www.bluespringsgov.com or by mail or in person at the Blue Springs Fieldhouse (425 N.E. Mock Ave.) during business hours. Call 816-228-0137 for more information.