Items for What’s Happening must be received by noon Thursday before publication on Saturday. Send information to Karl Zinke at email@example.com. Please include sport the announcement should be listed under. Dates are subject to change. Examiner is not responsible for tryouts. Please contact people listed for detailed information. The Examiner reserves the right to edit for length and content and remove any listings.
• Avila University hosting a six-week baseball camp beginning in January (camp dates are on weekends). Avila head coach Daryl Cronk will direct the program in conjunction with U.S. Baseball Academy. Classes are available for players in grades 1-12 and are limited to seven players per coach. Sessions are offered in advanced hitting, pitching, catching, fielding and baserunning. Space is limited. Registration is now under way. For more information, visit www.USBaseballAcademy.com, or call toll-free 866-622-4487.
• Raymore-Peculiar High School is hosting a six-week baseball camp beginning in February (camp dates are on weekends). Raymore-Peculiar head coach Gary Renshaw will direct the program in conjunction with U.S. Baseball Academy. Classes are available for players in grades 1-12 and are limited to seven players per coach. Sessions are offered in advanced hitting, pitching, catching, fielding and baserunning. Space is limited. Registration is now under way. For more information, visit www.USBaseballAcademy.com, or call toll-free 866-622-4487.
• Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Adult Basketball Leagues begin in January. Cost is $400 per team for the Jan. 7-March 11 session based on an eight-game guarantee. Registration deadline is two weeks before the leagues start. Games will be played at Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Pre-register by phone with Visa, Discover or MasterCard at 816-228-0137, online at www.bluespringsgov.com or by mail or in person at the Blue Springs Fieldhouse, 425 N.E. Mock Ave., during office hours 7 days a week. Call 816-228-0137 for more information.
• PTN Plaza Lights tournament, Nov. 25-26, in Overland Park, Kan. Boys teams in grades 1-7 and girls teams in grades 3-7 are eligible. Cost is $165 per team with a three-game guarantee and multi-team discounts are available. Games will feature 20-minute clocks and certified officials. For more information, call John 816-838-5878 or Rodney 816-799-7752.
• Kansas City Youth Basketball Association will host several girls and boys tournaments for the 2017-18 season. To register for these tournaments, visit the website www.kansascityfuture.com and click on the tournament page.
• Summit Soccer Club Futures taking registrations for upcoming sessions for boys and girls ages 4-7. Six-week sessions include an introduction to soccer fundamentals with professional coaches at Franke Fields (3552 Rennau Drive) in Lee's Summit. Winter Session: Jan. 15-Feb. 23, 2018. Practices are 5:15-6:15 p.m. each Tuesday and scrimmages are 5:15-6:15 p.m. each Thursday during the session. Cost is $99 per session and includes an SSC shirt. To register or to learn more, send email to John Sosa at JohnbSosa@gmail.com or visit www.summitsoccerclub.com.