The Kansas City Mavericks announced their full 2018-19 schedule Tuesday.
The home schedule had been previously released.
Contrary to recent years, the Mavericks will open their 10th-year schedule with five of their first seven games at home, including their season opener against the Allen Americans on Oct. 12 at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Previously the Mavericks had opened the season with long road trips.
“We open at home for the second time in our history, but we open at home on the opening night of the 2018-2019 season for the first time in our 10-year history,” president and general manager Brent Thiessen said earlier when the home schedule was released. “We are excited to be in front of our fans to kick off our anniversary season.”
After the home game on Oct. 12, the Mavericks will travel to Rapid City, S.D., for a pair of games against the Rush on Oct. 20-21.
They will then return for five straight home games, beginning on Oct. 27 against the Indy Fuel.
Other highlights include:
• The Mavericks’ return to the Mountain Division is marked by road trips to Rapid City, Utah and Idaho as well as Tulsa, Allen and Wichita. Last season Kansas City went to both Utah and Idaho but did not travel to Rapid City.
• The Mavericks’ busiest month comes in March, when the team will play 16 games – five at home, 11 on the road.
• A tour through the Southeast provides some fresh surroundings during that loaded March schedule, featuring four games in five days at South Carolina, Greenville and Atlanta.
• The Mavericks will close March on a four-game tour against Central Division opponents Cincinnati, Toledo, Fort Wayne and Indy.
• The Mavericks have three open Saturdays compared to just one in 2017-18.
• A season-long nine-game home stand from Jan. 19 through Feb. 10, matches the longest span at home in team history.