Items for What’s Happening must be received by noon Thursday before publication on Saturday. Send information to Karl Zinke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include sport the announcement should be listed under. Dates are subject to change. Examiner is not responsible for tryouts. Please contact people listed for detailed information. The Examiner reserves the right to edit for length and content and remove any listings.
• Kansas City Youth Basketball Association will host several girls and boys tournaments for the 2017-18 season. To register for these tournaments, visit the website www.kansascityfuture.com and click on the tournament page.
• William Chrisman High School football staff and players will hold its Be Elite Youth Football Camp July 16-19 at the football stadium. Students in grades 2-8 are eligible. The camp will run 6-8 p.m. each day. Students will learn the physical, intellectual and emotional aspects of the game of football along with just learning to enjoy the game. For more information, call the school at 816-521-5355 or send email to Matt_Perry@isdschools.org.
• Future Tigers Football Camp, July 23-26 at Lee's Summit High School, for students entering grades 2-6 for next school year. Camp runs 8-9:30 p.m. each day. The Lee's Summit High School staff will teach the fundamentals of football. Cost is $75 per participant. Find links to register online at http://www.lstigerfootball.com/ or contact coach Eric Thomas at 816-986-2158 or email@example.com.
• The Independence Horseshoe Club meets at McCoy Park (U.S. 24 and Spring Street) 7-9 p.m. Thursday evenings. Open to all ages and skill levels. Each thrower has a partner and pitches two 50-shoe games. All games are 90 percent handicap. Cost of a NHPA sanction card is $36 per year. League membership is $10 per year. Cadets (age 12 and younger) pitch at 20 feet); juniors (18 and younger), women and men age 70 and older at 30 feet; and all others at 40 feet. For more information, contact Alvin Gwinn at 816-806-1726 or Nancy Gunter at 816-694-1800 or call 816-325-7999 (option No. 5) for information about what is going in the league.
• Tryouts, 14A Missouri Stealth-Schupp girls fastpitch tryouts for fall. As a second-year 14U team this coming season, the schedule will be challenging and include 14A tournaments combined with several exposure/elite-level events. Team is looking to add a handful of players to complement a core of returning players. Players with 2004 or 2005 birthdates will be considered. There are no set positions. An open tryout is scheduled for 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, at Battle High School in Columbia. If you are unavailable on that date or would prefer a private/confidential tryout, please contact us to make arrangements: Chris Schupp, head coach, 573-864-1422, firstname.lastname@example.org. Team will continue holding individual tryouts and evaluations throughout the month of July to accommodate potential players attending World Series or nationals tournaments.