|
|
Examiner
  • New Year's Eve storm appears likely

    • email print
  • The metro area can expect a couple of days of chilly, mostly clear weather – and then the chance of snow and sleet heading into New Year’s Eve.
    The National Weather Service predicts a high near 32 today, with 8 to 10 mph winds out of the northwest, and a low of 19 tonight. Saturday looks almost identical.
    Things change Sunday. The wind shifts around to the south, and the high is 43. That evening there’s a 30 percent chance of precipitation after midnight – probably in the form of snow and sleet – though accumulations of less than one-tenth of an inch are expected. The overnight low is 29. That continues with a 40 percent chance of snow on Monday and a 30 percent chance that evening. High of 33; low of 18.
    This is coming out of a cold front expected to move in late Sunday and Monday, but the Weather Service cautions that the path of Monday’s expected storm is uncertain.
    National Weather Service, Pleasant Hill: www.weather.gov/kc
    Traveler Information Map: http://maps.modot.mo.gov/timi/
      • calendar