The following items were taken from the Dec. 17 through 23, 1961, Examiner.

The following items were taken from the Dec. 17 through 23, 1961, Examiner.


The historic 16-room Gibson house on Salisbury Road burned. It was currently unoccupied. The house was built in 1874 by a man named Jewett, who sold it to the late Mark Salisbury with a 600 acre tract about 1886. It remained in the family until recently, when surrounding land and the house were purchased from Robert Gibson by the Stewart Sand Co. Mrs. Robert Gibson is the daughter of the Mark Salisbury’s.