The following items were taken from the Jan. 23 through 29, 1910, Examiner.

The following items were taken from the Jan. 23 through 29, 1910, Examiner.


Todd M. George, known as “The Land Man,” will probably be a candidate for the democratic nomination for county judge of the Eastern district. Mr. George is one of the hustlingist democrats in Prairie Township. He’s not as old as some who have been on the bench, but has been on earth for some years and deals in real estate. He has the reputation of being awake every minute. (Courtesy of the Lee’s Summit Journal).
–––
The Independence Hunting Club filed articles of incorporation in this city. This club was recently organized by local sportsmen, and a tract of 125 acres on which is an 80 acre lake was purchased in Cass County. The board of directors are D.C. Halleran, J.W. Martin, Albert M. Ott, G.T. Twyman and Samuel H. Woodson.
–––
The county court gave the Independence chapter, Daughters of the Confederacy, permission to erect in the court house yard a monument to General Sterling Price. The plan would probably be to erect the monument on the east side, as a movement is underway to erect on the west side a monument marking the commencement of Independence of the old Santa Fe Trail.
–––
W.H. Harrison, principal of the Young, or negro school, made another appeal to the city council for financial aid for the new negro Y.M.C.A. Rooms have been secured on East Lexington and funds are being raised for equipment. He asked the council for a donation of $100, and after considerable discussion of the matter, it was decided to appropriate $50 for this purpose.