Some snow is on the way, leading off with possible accumulations of 1 to 3 inches Thursday.
The National Weather Service predicts sunny skies and a high around 40 on Wednesday, officially the first day of spring. The vernal equinox is at 6:02 a.m.
Thursday brings changes: Snow is likely, with a high of 34. The chance of show is 70 percent, with 1 to 3 inches expected. The chance of snow lingers at 50 percent Thursday evening (low of 29) and 30 percent chance Friday (high near 38).
The chance of precipitation takes a break Friday night but comes back for the rest of the weekend: 50 percent chance of rain and snow Saturday (high near 42), a 60 percent chance of snow in the evening (low of 32), a 40 percent of chance of rain and snow Sunday (high of 41) and even a slight chance of snow in the evening.
Sunday skies return Monday and Tuesday with highs in the low 40s.
National Weather Service, Pleasant Hill: www.weather.gov/kc
Traveler Information Map: http://maps.modot.mo.gov/timi/