What's Happening sports bulletin board
Items for What’s Happening must be received by noon Thursday before publication. Send information to Karl Zinke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include sport the announcement should be listed under. Dates are subject to change. Examiner is not responsible for tryouts. Please contact people listed for detailed information. The Examiner reserves the right to edit for length and content and remove any listings.
• Tryouts: William Chrisman High School-based American Legion 18U baseball team looking for players for 2013 season. All positions are invited. Players must attend William Chrisman, St. Marys or Van Horn. If you attend Van Horn, you must live closer to Chrisman than Truman. Tryouts will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. on Jan. 26 at the Sugar Creek gym at 11232 Chicago Street. For more information, email email@example.com or call 816-456-4652 or 816-308-5088.
• Albert Pujols Hitting Clinic, 5-9 p.m. Feb. 1 at MCC-Maple Woods indoor baseball facility in Kansas City. Pujols, the three-time NL MVP and former Fort Osage High School star, will instruct boys and girls ages 6U-18U and includes an 8x10 autographed photo, Pujols No. 5 T-shirt, and Dinner by Nicky’s Pizza and Cafe Italia. An autograph session will run 5-6 p.m. with the line starting at 5 p.m. (see restrictions on the website, millhouseaep.com). Registration by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit the website or call 816-769-5145 for more information. For information on Millhouse Baseball tryouts 7U-11U, send email to email@example.com.
• Tryouts: 11U AA Wolverines seeking coachable athletes who can play multiple positions, have sound fundamentals and hustle. Must also have good attitude and strong desire to play and progress. All positions open for competition and will be evaluated at each practice and game. Playing time will be earned, not given. Pitching and strong hitters are a plus. Team has already begun winter workouts indoors and will have ongoing tryouts until 2013 spring/summer roster is chosen. Season will consist of league play at Legacy Park and 10-12 tournaments, including state. Contact Coach Floyd for tryout or more information at 816-984-9069 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 2013 Drumm Farm Golf Club Ladies 18-Hole Golf League begins with an organizational meeting at 9 a.m. Tuesday, March 26 at the Drumm Farm Golf Club, 15400 E. 34th St., Independence. Registration fee is $52. There is a cost of $32 (plus tax) per week played. This includes greens fees and cart. (League members may play for this same price Monday through Friday.) Play begins Tuesday, April 9, and continues weekly at 8 a.m. on Tuesdays through Oct. 15. For further information and registration forms, call 816-350-9900 or visit the Drumm Farm website at www.drummfarmgolf.com and click on “Leagues.”
• BVAC Soccer: Ages 3 through 12th grade. Practice one night a week. Deadline to register is Feb. 22. Fee is $76 per person and includes a team shirt. All games on Saturday and games begin March 23. Contact BVAC for more information at 816-796-8702 or www.bvacsports.org.
Page 2 of 2 - Miscellaneous
• BVAC Adult Kickball: For ages 18 and older. Fee is $285 per team. Contact BVAC for more information at 816-796-8702 or www.bvacsports.org.
n Perceptive Software’s 8th annual Dodge for a Cause tournament, Feb. 16-17 and Feb. 23-24, to raise funds for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Registration is now open and is first come, first served at http://www.dodgeforacause.com/. Winning team will be treated to a VIP night out in Kansas City, including 16 tickets to a Sprint Center event, based on availability. Teams of up to eight players must consist of at least three men and three women 16 years of age or older. Teams are guaranteed three matches, for a minimum of six games during first-round play. In addition to the grand prize, team prizes will be awarded for best team spirit, best team uniform and best fundraising team.