Christen Penamon may stand 5-foot-7, but he is a giant when it comes to his legacy with the Fort Osage football and basketball teams. After the Indians’ 62-47 victory over St. Michael the Archangel Catholic in the 25th Annual Grain Valley Invitational, the senior answered 5 Questions:
1. Why has this team, which features so many young newcomers, enjoyed success this season? We have so many young players who are really coming together. It’s been a process, but they’ve improved so much they’re teaching the old guys on the team some new stuff.
2. How do you get psyched before a game? I watch videos of Devin Booker, the Phoenix Suns point guard. He inspires me.
3. Why does this – and the football team – have such a family-themed approach to sports? Once you become part of the Fort Osage family, you’re a part of the family forever. Everyone supports you and respects you, and that’s a great feeling.
4. Favorite food? Pizza. I could eat pizza day or night.
5. Who’s your hero? I have two – my older brother and my dad.