A house fire broke out on the 900 block of Zaun Avenue in Blue Springs late Wednesday night.

According to Central Jackson County Fire Assistant Chief Eddie Saffell, a boy woke up to get a drink of water and saw smoke. He reported his finding to the six other family members inside the house at the time, and they immediately evacuated.

Fire crews arrived between 11:30-11:45 p.m. Nobody was hurt and interior damage of the home is estimated to be worth $30,000-$40,000, excluding contents inside.

The cause of the fire is believed to have started inside a trash can that was placed against the home. Investigators are still determining on how a fire originated inside the trash can.