The Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce holds its annual banquet this Friday.
It’s at 6 p.m. at the Adams Pointe Conference Center, 1400 N.E. Coronado Drive. The theme is “Rhinestones & Wranglers,” and Western wear is welcome.
Although much of the evening is set aside for networking, the chamber will honor its business of the year and the outstanding citizen of the year.
The five nominees for outstanding citizen of the year are:
• Shannon Smith with the Wrisinger-King Franchise Group of Sonic Drive-ins. He was nominated by the Blue Springs Family YMCA.
• Mary Potter, a community volunteer, retired education and former City Council member. She was nominated by the Blue Springs Historical Society.
• Cindy Hood of Stewart Title. She was nominated by the Blue Springs Women’s Civic Club.
• Jennifer Splittorff of Vernon Graphics and Promotion. She was nominated by Blue Springs Parks and Recreation.
• Donna Best of First American Title. She was nominated by the Blue Springs Rotary Club.
Last year’s winner was Betty Meyer, co-owner of Meyer Music.