The Blue Springs North Branch of Mid-Continent Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of April. The library is located at 850 N.W. Hunter Drive. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-224-8772.
• Basic Yoga, Tuesday, 7 p.m., today, April 14, , April 21. If you have always wanted to try yoga, this is your chance. Join in this three-week restorative class with slow-paced stretching, some simple breathing exercises, and perhaps seated meditation. A good place to learn basic poses, relaxation techniques and to become comfortable with yoga. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat and/or towel. Registration required.
• Mobile Apps: For Early Literacy, 10 a.m., Saturday, April 18. We’ve found some great mobile apps to help your children discover the fun of reading! Come learn about some apps that are useful and fun! Registration is required.
• Turn Clay into Gems, 7 p.m., Thursday, April 16. Learn to blend polymer clay into beautiful faux gemstones. You will leave with a beautiful necklace (and possibly earrings) that you make yourself. Registration is required.
• Create with LEGO Bricks: Tornado, 7 p.m., Thursday, April 23. Bricks 4 Kidz classes provide an extraordinary atmosphere for children where “we learn, we build, we play. Programs are built around our special model plans designed by engineers and architects, with exciting themes such as space, construction, and amusement parks. At Bricks 4 Kidz, we believe that kids learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity. (Ages 6 and up) Registration is required.
• Teen Anime, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m., April 28. Join fellow fanatics for fun! Registration is required.
• Teens at the Library, 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 13. It’s your time to hang at the Library. Discover what we’ve planned just for you. Registration is required.
– Jillayne Ritchie