Here are the top performances from Eastern Jackson County high school athletes for the month of March 2016:
• Grain Valley’s Kendyll Bailey – The junior girls basketball forward scored 20 points in a 63-47 Class 4 District 14 win over Oak Grove on March 1. She also surpassed 1,000 points for her career.
• Lee’s Summit North’s Aiyana Johnson – The sophomore girls basketball forward amassed 25 points and 14 rebounds in the Broncos’ 47-41 win over defending champion Truman in a Class 5 District 14 semifinal on March 3.
• Grain Valley’s Claire Rose – The junior point guard poured in 33 points to power the Grain Valley girls basketball team to a 65-56 overtime win over Bolivar in a Class 4 state sectional playoff on March 8. She hit two 3-pointers in the final 46 seconds of regulation time to send it to overtime. She then hit all eight of her free throws in overtime.
• Blue Springs South’s Tyler McKay – The senior right-handed pitcher tossed a no-hitter in a 7-0 baseball win over Lee’s Summit on March 23. McKay allowed only two baserunners on a walk and a hit batter and struck out 11.
• Blue Springs South’s Nina Stine – The junior girls soccer forward scored a hat trick to spark the Jaguars to an 8-0 girls soccer victory over Raytown on March 24, giving her five goals in two games.
• Grain Valley’s Rylan Childers – The sophomore girls soccer midfielder posted a hat trick with three goals and an assist in a 6-1 rout of Fort Osage on March 25.
• Fort Osage’s Leigh Anne Bartlett – The senior girls soccer forward scored a hat trick to spark the Indians to a 5-0 shutout of Oak Park on March 28.