Lake City Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center is offering the following programs in February. The Center is at 28505 E. Truman Road in Buckner. Registration is required, call 816-249-3194 or email email@example.com.
• Teens & Firearms – Rifle, for ages 11 to 17, 6 to 8 p.m. May 12. This course is designed for teens who would like to explore the safe usage of firearms. Topics: Safety, parts of a .22 rifle, marksmanship and much more.
• Introduction to Skeet, for ages 12 and older, 9 to 11:30 a.m. May 14. Are you a trap shooter who wants an exciting and quicker target game? Why not try skeet shooting? Skeet shooting is a great way to improve your basic shotgun skills and improve your hit ratio on all types of winged game.
• Introduction to Rifle Cartridge Reloading, for adults, 9 to 11:30 a.m. May 14. Reloading your own rifle cartridges offers many advantages. Shooters can fine-tune their loads to yield higher degrees of accuracy and shoot more for less money. Hunters can create custom loads which can increase the versatility of one rifle, in order to apply it for different purposes. Reloading ammunition is safe, enjoyable and practical, and this course will show you everything you need to get started.
• Basic Pistol…Plus, for adults, 8 to 11:30 a.m. May 21. This course continues where the Basic Handgun course ends. Topics: Purchasing and owning a firearm, ammunition facts, cleaning and storage of your firearm. We also will work on your marksmanship skills on the range.
• Ancient & Modern Archery, for ages 11 and older, 9 to 11:30 a.m. May 28. The bow and arrow has been with mankind since before civilizations took shape. From the hunter gatherer to the Olympic archer, the basic principles of this tool have remained unchanged, even as the supplemental technologies have certainly advanced. You'll learn about the incredible history of archery and will have the chance to shoot a variety of different types of bows.
– Jillayne Ritchie