The Blue Springs South Branch of Mid-Continent Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of December. The library is located at 2220 S. Missouri 7. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-229-3571.
• Storytime with Santa and Mrs. Claus, for all ages, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 1. Santa and Mrs. Claus are making a special trip from the North Pole to read a holiday story at the Library. After the story, sit on Santa’s lap to tell him what you want for Christmas. Parents, don’t forget your cameras!
• Kids Create, for ages 6 and older, 2 p.m. Dec. 3. Spark your imagination and express yourself through art and craft activities.
• Teens at the Library, 7 p.m. Dec. 5, 12 and 19. It’s your time to hang at the Library. Discover what we’ve planned just for you.
• Simple Strings Dulcimer Christmas Concert, for all ages, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 6. Enjoy Christmas classics played by members of the Prairie Dulcimer Club, and learn the history of the songs and instruments they play.
• Celebrate Snowflakes, for ages 4 and older, 10 a.m. Dec. 17. Come to the Library and make unique snowflakes to match the outdoors. We will read a story, sing songs, and make our own snowflakes.
• Christmas with the Cool Cats, for all ages, 2 p.m. Dec. 17. Terry Bell and his band, the Cool Cats, squeeze the most out of all those holiday favorites in this fun-loving holiday accordion concert.
• Easy-to-Make Holiday Drinks, for adults, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 20. From a creative spin on wassail to a quick and delicious coffee drink, barista Emily Duffey can help you create easy and mouthwatering holiday drinks that can be made kid-friendly or spiced up for more grown- up tastes. Recipes will be provided.
• Mr. Stinky Feet’s Christmas, for all ages, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 22. Jim Cosgrove presents Mr. Stinky Feet’s Christmas! Celebrate the holidays with singing, dancing, and stinky feet! Fun for the whole family!
• Now Playing for Kids, for ages 6 and older, 2 p.m. Dec. 23. Escape to the Library for an adventure on the big screen.
• WeDo Lego Robotics: Hungry Alligator, for ages 7 and older, 2 p.m. Dec. 28. Build a hungry alligator and program it to chomp down on anything that swims too close. Kids will work in pairs to make this simple robot.
• Kids Lab: Lego Night, for age 6 and older, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 29. Discover how you can bring science and technology to life.
• Teen Screen, 2 p.m. Dec. 30. Call to see what's showing.
– Jillayne Ritchie