The Colbern Road Branch of Mid-Continent Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of December. The library is located at 1000 N.E. Colbern Road in Lee's Summit. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-525-9924.
• Puppets and Pjs, for age 3 and older, 7 p.m. Dec. 1. Put on your pajamas and come enjoy a new tradition at Colbern Road – a bedtime puppet show! Fun for the whole family.
• Tech Talks, for adults, 3 p.m. Dec. 6. Whether you are a first-time computer user or have experience, there are always questions still to ask about technology. Bring your questions to the branch, or just listen and learn from other participants. You may bring your own laptops, computers, or tablets.
• Thomas Hart Benton: An Artist in Kansas City, for adults, 7 p.m. Dec. 6. Missouri artist Thomas Hart Benton was not only influential in the art world but in Kansas City events. Steve Sitton, Director of the Thomas Hart Benton Home and Studio State Historic Site, tells about Benton’s involvement in the 1951 Flood, the Bobby Greenlease kidnapping, the Kansas City Art Institute, and his Truman Library mural.
• Craft Group, for adults, 1 p.m. Dec. 6 and 20. Creating your own works of art is one of the best ways to express yourself and share good will. Join us to meet new people, create new items, and even learn a thing or two. Quilt, knit, scrapbook, crochet, and more!
• DIY Coffee Roasting, for adults, 7 p.m. Dec. 13. Coffee lovers can create their own perfect roast. Barista Brandon Gott offers techniques for roasting coffee beans at home, tips for finding green coffee, and insights into today’s coffee industry.
• Christmas Around the World, for all ages, 10 a.m. Dec. 13. Storyteller Jo Ho celebrates the season of light with festive Christmas stories from around the world - guaranteed to brighten your holidays!
• Mr. Stinky Feet’s Christmas, for all ages, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 20. Jim Cosgrove presents Mr. Stinky Feet’s Christmas! Celebrate the holidays with singing, dancing, and stinky feet! Fun for the whole family!
• Teen Writing Group, 7 p.m. Dec. 27. Unleash your imagination.
– Jillayne Ritchie