The Grain Valley Branch of Mid-Continent Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of December. The library is located at 101 S.W. Eagles Pkwy. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-228-4020.
• Easy-to-Make Holiday Drinks, for adults, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 1. From a creative spin on wassail to a quick and delicious coffee drink, barista Emily Duffey can help you create easy and mouthwatering holiday drinks that can be made kid-friendly or spiced up for more grown- up tastes. Recipes will be provided.
• Book Group, for adults, 7 p.m. Dec. 5. Come meet like-minded people, enjoy lively discussion, learn which books inspire others, and talk about your favorite books.
• Storytime for Preschoolers, 10 a.m. Dec. 7 and 21. Visit the Library for an exciting and unique storytime journey. We will explore the first steps toward reading readiness for you and your preschooler. Designed for preschoolers between 3 and 5 years old and their caregivers.
• Storytime with Santa and Mrs. Claus, for all ages, 10 a.m. Dec. 14. Santa and Mrs. Claus are making a special trip from the North Pole to read a holiday story at the Library. After the story, sit on Santa’s lap to tell him what you want for Christmas. Parents, don’t forget your cameras!
• Craft Group, for adults, 10 a.m. Dec. 20. Creating your own works of art is one of the best ways to express yourself and share good will. Meet new people, create new items, and even learn a thing or two. Quilt, knit, scrapbook, crochet, and more.
– Jillayne Ritchie