The Grain Valley Branch of Mid-Continent Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of September. The library is located at 101 S.W. Eagles Pkwy. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-228-4020.
• Storytime for Preschoolers, 10 a.m. Sept. 6, 13, 20 and 27. Visit the Library for an exciting and unique storytime journey. We'll explore the first steps toward reading readiness for you and your preschooler. Designed for preschoolers between 3 and 5 years old and their caregivers.
• Book Group, for adults, 7 p.m. Sept. 11. Come meet like-minded people, enjoy lively discussion, learn which books inspire others, and talk about your favorite books.
• Getting to Know Our New Catalog, for adults, 2 p.m. Sept. 21. Need help using the new online catalog? Learn about all of the new features the Library has added to help you access the books and other materials you need and get the most out of your account!
• Feeding Kids Healthy Foods: Just What Does That Mean, for adults, 7 p.m. Sept. 28. Holistic health coach Nancy Oglesby offers parents a common sense approach to navigating the hype and confusion to find healthy food for their families.
• Boo-tifully Sculpted Scene, for ages 7 and older, 10 a.m. Sept. 30. Work with tissue paper and Model Magic to create a fall scene with a mini tree, hand-sculpted ghost, and pumpkins mounted on a base for holiday decorating.
– Jillayne Ritchie