Lunches being served at area community centers for the week beginning March 2.
Vesper Hall, 400 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Reservations: Call 816-228-0181 or stop by the Vesper Hall front counter. Meals must be reserved by 2 p.m. one working day prior to the meal. Cost: $3.50 donation for ages 60 and older; $5.75 fee for ages 59 and younger.
• Monday: Cheeseburger, broccoli and raisin salad, peanut butter cookie, pears.
• Tuesday: Chuckwagon steak, buttered corn, tossed salad, pineapple chunks.
• Wednesday: Sloppy Joe, garlic pepper potatoes, steamed broccoli, Mandarin oranges.
• Thursday: Tuna noodle casserole, steamed peas, California blend veggies, strawberries and bananas.
• Friday: Stuffed pepper with meat, steamed Italian zucchini and yellow squash, fruit cocktail.
Fairmount Community Center, 217 S. Cedar St., Independence. Lunch is served at 11:30 a.m. Cost of lunch: $3.50 for everyone. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance: call 254-8334. Each meal is served with bread or roll and milk.
• Monday: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, cauliflower, dessert.
• Tuesday: Chicken divan, wild rice, dessert, dessert.
• Wednesday: Smothered pork, au gratin potatoes, Antigua vegetables, dessert.
• Thursday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, dessert.
• Friday: Tuna casserole, California vegetables, dessert.
Palmer Center, 218 N. Pleasant St., Independence. Lunch is served at 11:30 a.m. Suggested donation $3, guests $6. You may reserve a meal up to three days in advance. To make or cancel your reservation, call 325-6200. Inclement weather line: 325-7999 ext. 4. All meals are served with milk.
• Monday: Swiss steak with tomato, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, apple slices, multigrain bread, tapioca pudding.
• Tuesday: Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, fruit delight, wheat dinner roll.
• Wednesday: Chicken strips, sweet potato wedges, salad, oranges, multigrain bread, Graham crackers.
• Thursday: Barbecued chicken, Prince Edward mix, potato salad, tropical fruit mix, whole grain bun.
• Friday: Breaded fish, coleslaw with vinegar dressing, spinach, tropical fruit mix, multigrain bread.