The Jackson County environmental health Division inspects sites where food is served outside Independence and Kansas City. recent inspection results in Blue Springs include:
Dirty Harry’s Pub, 3100 S.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 27.
• A dirty knife was stored with clean knives. The manager cleaned the knife.
Indian Mix Grill, 1214 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected March 5.
• Spray bottle on storage table was without a label.
• Container of soup/sauce in the walk-in cooler read temperature 68 degrees F to 80 degrees F. Soup/sauce was prepped the night before and did not reach the proper cooling temperature.
• The interior of ice machine has an accumulation of black build up.
• The interior of the microwave has an accumulation of stuck-on food debris.
• Dirty knives being stored with clean utensils.
• Stuck-on food debris behind all the make table lids.
• Container of red sauce and chicken had a build up of mold.
El Ranchero Mexican Restaurant, 1867 S.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 27.
• Numerous cans stored on rack with severe dents on top, bottom and side seams.
• There is no cover for the wastebasket in the employees’ restroom.
• Spoons and forks were stored with the handles down.
The Gem Bar and Grill, 1204 N. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 27.
• Unlabeled chemical container stored under the bar.
• The walls under the three-compartment sink have stuck-on food debris.
• The gasket in the reach-in cooler has an accumulation of black build up.
CVS Pharmacy, 1616 N. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 27.
• Trash debris on the floor in the walk-in cooler.
• Liquid spills on the ceiling in the walk-in cooler.
54th Street Grill and Bar, 1307 S.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 27.
• The mechanical dishwasher that sanitizes with temperature was unable to reach a temperature of 160 degrees F.
• Food was being stored on the floor in the walk-in freezer.
• An unlabeled bottle of a cleaning substance was observed in the dish washing station.
Hampton Inn of Blue Springs, 900 N.W. South Outer Road, inspected Feb. 28.
• Juice boxes were being stored in hand-washing sink
Hy-Vee kitchen/chef station/market grill, 625 W. U.S. 40, inspected Feb. 28.
• The plastic ring was missing around a jug of pickles.
• The underside of the grill has an accumulation of food debris.
• There is an excessive amount of grease and food residue accumulated behind the fryers.
Hy-Vee international/sandwich shop/caribou coffee/soup station, 625 W. U.S. 40, inspected Feb. 28.
• A can with a sharp dent was stored on the rack with other cans. The manager discarded the cans and kitchen staff was educated on what to look for on dented cans.
• Food was stored on the floor in the walk-in cooler. The manager relocated the food items.
• The handles for dispensing utensils were being stored in food items.
•Snap mouse traps were observed under the soda machines in the international food court.
Pizza Hut, 1901 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 28.
• Black build up on the walls behind the clean dish racks.
• Black build up on the door frames to the mop closet.
• Dust on ceiling vents and walls.
• The wall in the mop closet is in disrepair.
Back Yard Burgers, 1900 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 28.
• Noticed a chemical bottle without a label.
• Observed an employee drink from a cup with no lid or straw and did not wash his hands after drinking and before returning to work. Employee washed and sanitized his hands after inspector explained the violation.
• Noticed several bowls stacked while still wet and lids while still wet were being stored away for storage.
Sonic Drive-In, 801 N.W. Woods Chapel Road, inspected Feb. 28.
• Raw food was stored above ready-to-eat items in the walk-in freezer.
• There is some accumulation of food debris between the reach-in cooler and the reach-in freezer.
• There is an excessive accumulation of grease build up on the floors next to the fryers.
Custard’s Last Stand, 1950 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 28.
• Broken ceiling tiles in the employees’ restroom.
Sonic Drive-In, 1408 S. Missouri 7, inspected March 2.
• There is a large hole in the wall inside the men’s restroom.
Zarda Bar-B-Q of Blue Springs, 214 N. Missouri 7, inspected March 2.
• A can had a massive dent along the entire side. Manager discarded can and kitchen staff was educated on the importance of package integrity.
• Glasses were stored in a tray with broken glass fragments. The kitchen staff cleaned up the broken glass and washed the exposed glasses.
• There is a large hole in the wall near the soda syrups.
Casey’s General Store, 2900 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected March 2
• The fan housing in the walk-in cooler has an accumulation of dust.
• The stand of the mixer has an accumulation of dust and food residue.
• Gaskets are in disrepair in the deli make table lids.
• Interior of the microwave in the customer area had an accumulation of stuck-on food debris.
• Chemical spray bottles were stored next to the dish-drying area. Manager moved chemicals to the floor.
Popeye’s Chicken, 727 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected March 2.
• There are missing tiles underneath the fryers.
• The mop sink has an accumulation of grease and debris.
• There is a heavy accumulation of grease underneath the fryers and along the wall.
• A spill was observed underneath the soda machine in the lobby.
• An accumulation of grease was observed underneath the chicken hot-hold area.