Lunches provided (by delivery or take out only) by area community centers during the week of April 27.
Vesper Hall, 400 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered by delivery only. To reserve a meal call 816-228-0181 by 2 p.m. one working day prior to the meal. Cost: $3.50 donation for ages 60 and older; $5.75 fee for ages 59 and younger.
NOTE: There may be some variance in these menus due to the current emergency.
• Monday: Smothered pork chop, mashed potatoes with gravy, Brussels sprouts, apricots.
• Tuesday: Hungarian goulash, Riviera blend veggies, stewed tomatoes, fresh pear.
• Wednesday: Cowboy butter shrimp, Arugula and corn salad, Hidden Valley carrots, peanut butter cookie.
• Thursday: Shepherd’s pie, mashed potatoes, steamed peas and carrots, pears in gelatin.
• Friday: Chili dog, California blend veggies, sun chips, diced peaches.
Fairmount Community Center, 217 S. Cedar St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered for take out. Take out meals are $5 or $3.50 for members and reservations for these meals should be made 24 hours in advance: call 254-8334. Each meal is served with bread or roll and milk.
• Monday: Hot turkey sandwich, mashed potatoes and gravy, beets, dessert.
• Tuesday: Beef pie with biscuit, green beans, dessert.
• Wednesday: Oven-fried chicken, potatoes au gratin, carrots, dessert.
• Thursday: Smothered burgers, mashed potatoes, stewed tomatoes, dessert.
• Friday: Apricot pork, scalloped potatoes, carrots, dessert.
Palmer Center, 218 N. Pleasant St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, lunch is being served by delivery only. Reserve your meal by calling 816- 325-6200. Inclement weather line: 325-7999 ext. 4. All meals are served with milk. There may be variations in the menu due to the current emergency. The delivered meals are provided via the Mid-America Regional Council, which does not provide advance menus.